The Certified Six Sigma Black Belt is a professional who can explain Six Sigma philosophies and principles, including supporting systems and tools. A Black Belt should demonstrate team leadership, understand team dynamics and assign team member roles and responsibilities.
Black belts have a thorough understanding of all aspects of the define, measure, analyze, improve and control (DMAIC) model in accordance with Six Sigma principles. They have basic knowledge of lean enterprise concepts, are able to identify non-value-added elements and activities and are able to use specific tools.
At Cert.hub, we offer four key Six Sigma ASQ certification courses ranging from beginner to advanced levels. Taking the Six Sigma Black Belt Certification Course will ultimately help you advance your process and project management to deliver a better customer experience, reduce your costs, and enhance your leadership and managerial skills overall. It is one of the foremost Six Sigma Certification Courses and will help to propel your project, process, and quality management capabilities to another level.
It will fundamentally teach you how to achieve near perfection, by harnessing a data-driven approach, utilizing measurement-based strategies and a trusted methodology for eliminating defects in your business operations and processes. This is one of the foremost management techniques and provides you with a globally recognized skill set that is transferable across all industries and fields.
The Six Sigma Black Belt Certification Course will give you the skills to lead major projects, and effectively lead your teams to deliver solutions that will transform the ways in which organisations operate, along with being able to provide demonstrable improvements throughout.
Six Sigma Black Belt Certification Course – You do not necessarily need to have the Six Sigma Green Certification to enlist in this course. However, it is recommended. It is for quality professionals and for those who want to manage Six Sigma projects and initiatives.
Each certification candidate is required to pass an examination that consists of multiple-choice questions that measure comprehension of the Body of Knowledge.
Computer Delivered - The CSSBB examination is a one-part, 165-question, four-and-a-half-hour exam and is offered in English only. 150 questions are scored and 15 are unscored.
Paper and Pencil - The CSSBB examination is a one-part, 150-question, four-hour exam and is offered in English only.
Six Sigma Black Belt requires two completed projects with signed affidavits or one completed project with signed affidavit and three years of work experience in one or more areas of the Six Sigma Body of Knowledge.
For more information, please see the list of Six Sigma Project Affidavit FAQs. You do not need to be a Certified Six Sigma Green Belt.
Work experience must be in a full time, paid role. Paid intern, co-op or any other course work cannot be applied towards the work experience requirement.
These are the minimum expectations of a Certified Six Sigma Black Belt.I: Organization-wide Planning and Deployment
- Will understand how to deploy six sigma within a project.
- Will be able to implement tools and techniques to deploy strategic directions for initiatives.
- Will understand the roles and responsibilities for six sigma projects and how each group influences project deployment, and will be able to support communications about the project deployment.
- Will be able to apply operational change management techniques within their defined scope or domain.
- Will be able to define various types of benchmarking.
- Will be able to describe various types of performance measures, and select an appropriate financial measure for a given situation and calculate its result.
- Will understand the components and techniques used in managing teams, including time management, planning and decision-making tools, team formation, motivational techniques and factors that demotivate a team, performance evaluation and reward.
- Will be able to describe elements that can result in a team’s success.
- Will be able to use appropriate techniques to overcome various group dynamics challenges.
- Will be able to select data collection methods and collect voice of the customer data, and use customer feedback to determine customer requirements.
- Will understand the elements of a project charter (problem statement, scope, goals, etc.) and be able to use various tools to track the project progress.
- Will be able to define and use process flow metrics and analysis tools to indicate the performance of a process.
- Will be able to develop and implement data collection plans, and use techniques in sampling, data capture, and processing tools.
- Will be able to define and describe measurement system analysis tools.
- Will apply basic probability concepts, and understand various distributions.
- Will be able to calculate statistical and process capability indices.
- Will be able to analyze the results of correlation and regression analyses.
- Will be able to define multivariate tools.
- Will be able to perform hypothesis tests for means, variances and proportions and analyze their results.
- Will understand the components and concepts for ANOVA, Chi-square, contingency tables, and non-parametric tests.
- Will understand the elements and purpose of FMEA and use root cause analysis tools.
- Will be able to identify and interpret the 7 classic wastes.
- Will be able to use gap analysis tools.
- Will be able to define and apply design of experiments (DOE) principles, and distinguish among the various types of experiments.
- Will be able to apply various lean tools and techniques to eliminate waste and reduce cycle time.
- Will understand how to implement an improved process and how to analyze and interpret risk studies.
- Will be able to apply, use, and analyze the various statistical process control (SPC) techniques.
- Will understand total productive maintenance (TPM) and visual factory concepts.
- Will be able to develop control plans and use various tools to maintain and sustain improvements.
Will understand common DFSS and DFX methodologies, and elements of robust designs.
Online – 100% Flexible Self Study – You study at your own pace, at your own time. You have 24 hours access via your own private study portal.
100-150 hours (depends on the learner, how quickly they pick the skills is up to the student) you have 2 years access to your course material. You have more than enough time to complete this short course).
** Part – time students dedicate on average 5 hours study time per week. This course would approximately take 20-30 weeks to complete at that pace of study.
Within 3 working days payment confirmation and Enrolment form completed or you can pick your own start date!
- Fundamentals of Lean and Six Sigma and their Applications
- Six Sigma Project Selection, Roles, and Responsibilities
- Six Sigma Strategic Planning and Deployment
- Impact on Stakeholders and Benchmarking for Six Sigma
- Using Business and Financial Measures in Six Sigma
- Six Sigma Team Dynamics, Roles, and Success Factors
- Six Sigma Team Facilitation and Leadership
- Six Sigma Team Dynamics and Training
- Determining Requirements by Listening to the Voice of the Customer in Six Sigma
- Six Sigma Business Case, Project Charter, and Tools
- Process Flow Metrics and Analysis Tools for Six Sigma
- Data Types, Sampling, Collection, and Measurement in Six Sigma
- Six Sigma Measurement Systems and Metrology
- Using Basic Statistics and Graphical Methods in Six Sigma
- Probability and Probability Distributions in Six Sigma
- Determining Process Performance and Capability in Six Sigma
- Measuring and Modeling Relationships between Variables in Six Sigma
- Basics of Hypothesis Testing and Tests for Means in Six Sigma
- Tests for Variances and Proportions, ANOVA, and Goodness-of-fit in Six Sigma
- Multivariate Tools and Nonparametric Tests in Six Sigma
- FMEA and Other Nonstatistical Analysis Methods in Six Sigma
- Understanding DOE and Planning Experiments in Six Sigma
- Designing, Conducting, and Analyzing Experiments in Six Sigma
- Lean Improvement Methods and Implementation Planning in Six Sigma
- Statistical Process Control (SPC) and Control Charts in Six Sigma
- Using Lean Control Tools and Maintaining Controls in Six Sigma
- Sustaining Six Sigma Improvements
- Common DFSS Methodologies, Design for X, and Robust Designs
Mentor Support – Free
Support from an official Six Sigma Yellow Belt Certified mentor via email (response within 24 hours), Live chat (typically available in the evenings Australia time) or telephone (typically available in the evenings Australia time).
Practice Exams/ Mock Exams – Free
Test Prep can be taken in either Study or Certification mode.
EBOOKS – Included for Free
E-books for relevant course included for free.
If you like a particular hardcopy (paperback) book,
contact us to find out if you can also purchase a hard copy book (separate cost)
Six Sigma Black Belt – ASQ – are globally recognized. Cert.Hub will help book the global certification exam as part of the enrolment process. You can choose a date and time once you are close to completing your course or you can contact us via email@example.com to seek exam-booking advice. This service is included for free when you enrol on this course.